Therapy at Work LLC offers a myriad of counseling services for adults facing everyday challenges. As people move through life, issues surface which may need to be addressed in order for the person to reach their goals and achieve their highest potential. If you are facing fears of being downsized, economic difficulties, relationship challenges, issues raising children, or health-related stressors, speaking to a trained mental health counselor can help.
Among the topics which can be helpful to address in therapy are:
- Loss and bereavement. Whether the loss of a loved one, a pet, a job, or a dream, loss can cripple and often needs to be “worked through.”
- Stress, anxiety, panic attacks. When life becomes overwhelming, some people become paralyzed and cannot act on their own behalf. Disorders such as social phobia, post-traumatic stress, and obsessive complusive disorder can be debilitating or interfere with every day life.
- Relationships. Intimacy is one of the most rewarding, yet difficult of life’s joys and challenges. Whether it’s building a solid relationship with a lover or spouse, siblings, extended family, or children, therapy can help heal wounds and build stronger bonds. Therapy at Work LLC counsels in GBLTQQ clients.
- Depression. Everyone has periods of sadness and disappointment in life. When does sadness, loss, and low energy and motivation interfere with a person’s ability to function successfully? The National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH) recommends talk or interpersonal therapy as the treatment of choice for mild to moderate depression; the combination of therapy and medication if the depression is severe. Thoughts of suicide? Call a mental health professional immediately, or seek treatment at your nearest emergency room.
- Anger Management. Slamming doors, cursing, explosive behavior. Society has severe consequences for individuals who cannot control angry outbursts. There is plenty to be angry about! Being able to manage that anger appropriately, give it a voice in a safe and therapeutic setting, is one benefit of counseling services.